[Wine] Re: Problems on recent versions of Wine - MS Office 2000 and Sho

ChasF wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Apr 2 22:34:15 CDT 2008

The AppDB thread http://appdb.winehq.org/commentview.php?iAppId=31&iVersionId=5124&iThreadId=32046 contains some information which relates to this problem - it will be updated as I make progress with the problems.

Note that there is a Microsoft KB article - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/298829/en-us - which describes exactly this problem and the cause is incorrect or missing registry entries.

I can confirm that recent versions of Wine do not create the registry entries described in this knowledge-base article - the built-in misexec will only create Windows 95/98/ME-type registry entries irrespective of the Wine configuration.