[Wine] Centralized DB of Windows Applications

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 23:11:45 CDT 2008

On 4/2/08, jeffz <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Instead of testing whole programs, test cases are written as small programs which test specific cases of behaviour quickly and with little or no user interaction.   Full code coverage in testing is often more desirable than as Austin put it, a flood of programs.

Test cases are useful as well,  yes. My point was rather than sending
developers lots of programs that work fine, test the programs
yourself, and file bugs for any problems. Most of the time,  someone
with little experience can get the information needed without sending
the program to a developer.

Let me qualify that, however. If there is a program with no demo, and
someone with little experience wants it to work/a program with a _TON_
of problems, and a developer/advanced user has time/volunteers to
debug, this could be useful. Not to name names, but I believe Dan has
done this a few times ;-).

If you have time to spare and want to help wine, either find programs
that don't work and file bugs, better yet, triage old bugs for ones
that  have been fixed/closing dupes, or if you can code, write patches
:-P.