[Wine] How to: Run a DOS program using Wine

dale5351 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Apr 6 00:48:40 CDT 2008

I have a new EeePC from ASUS with Xandros version of linux installed.  I have installed wine, and believe that the installation works for at least some windows programs.   Looking in the windows\system32 directory I see notepad and progman, both of which run and look reasonable.

What I really want to do is to run a command window, i.e. cmd.exe.  Even though it is there, when I attempt to execute it (either as cmd <enter> or as cmd.exe <enter>) I get told bash: cmd: command not found.

Reason I want to do this is so that I can run a DOS program of mine.   I can run that program using DOSBOX, but there is a slight problem and that does not work quite 100%.   I also have attempted to use DOSEMU, but that is much worse in several ways.

So -- question is:  How can I get a DOS program to run using WINE, similar to how I run it in windows XP using a CMD window?