[Wine] Re: Writing an automated install script

Timeout wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Apr 6 02:00:48 CDT 2008

> Your goal should not be "wonderful automated installer" but
> "bare minimum showing how to reproduce my problems".

Reproducing the problem is one thing but for that I don't need to go that far (it will crash after 2 min). I may have to be usable when it goes through and the installshied requires user interaction.

(Maybe I should add workarounds in comments)

The automated installer will abort at the first problem. The manual user however should be able to have time to answer because he knows how to go around these problems because even if a part is failing, sometimes the next is ok.

The whole GUI would be the one of the installshield.
I think the only GUI I may ask for is: "Do you want to install MS Office" with yes/no and a button to click when office is through to start with Trados/abort button. Automatic install will then skip MS office, but for later use it's a pain if you install MS office after Trados, you have to add manuall the template in the start directory of office.

I won't build my workaround in the script (like pressing esc 2-3 times at a certain stage) :-)