[Wine] Writing an automated install script

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sun Apr 6 12:51:22 CDT 2008

On Sun, Apr 6, 2008 at 9:05 AM, Timeout <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>  vcrun 2003 is installing msvcr71, [not msvcr70]. ... it's just for the registration of fusion.dll.

Oh, right.  I'll see if I can implement a vcrun2002 verb in crosstool.

>  Later on all my logs msvcr80 or msvcp 80 are rather used.
>  I take them from my Windows on dual booting.

Can you please use 'winetricks vcrun2005' instead of grabbing from windows?

>  My goal is to use it as end user too - that way I could also send the script to my colleagues.

I see.

You might want to skip the interactive parts of your script and go
straight to a noninteractive install of everything.   Trados documentation
for earlier versions said you could install it noninteractively like this:
  msiexec.exe /i "<CompletePathTo'Trados.msi'>" /qn
Does that work with your version?

You might want to use the ideas in
http://wpkg.org/MS_Office_2003
to offer a silent install rather than an interactive one for Office 2003.
- Dan