[Wine] running 4oD fails

Raphael Clifford drraph at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 13:57:22 CDT 2008

> That's what makes me thing maybe you have an openssl problem...
>

>  > err:module:LdrInitializeThunk "RPCRT4.dll" failed to initialize, aborting
>

> That's unusual.  Do you have other native DLLs installed?
>  You might want to start over with a clean .wine.

Well... the plot thickens. I completely removed .wine and started
again and things worked muc h better. All I did was

rm -rf .wine

sh winetricks dotnet20 (working this time)

wine channel4_on_demand.exe (worked once I had changed winecfg to windows XP)

Now I tried to run 4oD by changing to

~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Channel4/4oD

and

wine C4VoDClientConfig.exe (the only .exe there)

this gives

 wine C4VoDClientConfig.exe
fixme:process:IsWow64Process (0xffffffff 0x33f8dc) stub!
fixme:virtual:NtAllocateVirtualMemory MEM_WRITE_WATCH type not supported
fixme:ole:CoGetContextToken stub
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"mscorlib.resources"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"mscorlib.resources"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Drawing"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Data"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Security"
fixme:ole:CoGetContextToken stub
fixme:ole:CoGetContextToken stub
fixme:ole:CoGetContextToken stub
fixme:ole:CoGetContextToken stub
fixme:ole:CoGetContextToken stub

and returns the prompt. That's quite a lot of progress in general but
it still doesn't run.

Raphael