[Wine] How about this replacement of WINE.

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Mon Apr 7 07:46:45 CDT 2008

On Sun, Apr 6, 2008 at 8:52 PM, bussuser <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>  Dan, i am wrong. the links should be:
>  http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Flinux.insigma.com.cn%2Fjszl.asp%3Fdocid%3D115648184&langpair=zh%7Cen&hl=zh-CN&ie=UTF-8

Your first link was good - I read all the articles, including that one.

(Amazing, this machine translation stuff.  It's almost intelligible.)

To sum up:
1) yes, wine would like to have kernel support, it could improve
performance of realtime apps
2) no, we don't really need it yet, it's much more important to get apps working
3) kernel support is hard (so the chinese effort is impressive if it works)
4) any effort that uses reactos source code may run into copyright trouble
during a future code audit / lawsuit (because some reactos developers
have seen internal microsoft source code)
5) it would help if there were a bilingual chinese/english wine/kernel expert
around.  It's hard for us nonbilingual nonexperts to actually say anything
intelligent and informed about the chinese project.

- Dan