[Wine] How to: Run a DOS program using Wine

Sergio Samayoa sergiosamayoa at icon.com.gt
Mon Apr 7 09:05:26 CDT 2008

> LOL have you actually read what hardware he is running this stuff on? And

No, I haven't readed in which HW he is trying to run it.
Which is ?

> why in the world would one need a whole VM for DOS?!

Isolation.
I haven't readed how old is his program but I use to be a DOS Developer and
used a lot of low level OS bypassed features such BIOS calls, direct memory
access, port access, etc. which I guess wine can't manage.

Your VM could be as big as you need: set it with just 1 Mb of RAM and disk
abot few Mb.

Regards.