[Wine] Re: Can't install IE6

awdoyle wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Apr 7 14:01:23 CDT 2008

Sorry for the delayed response.  Ubuntu's updates caused my comp to fail booting (twice), but Kubuntu seems to be working alright.  On the upside, the new install of WINE is unspoiled by IE7.

L. Rahyen:  Thank you for the helpful reply.  I'm still treading water with the command line and WINE though, so I have a couple questions.  After running:

export WINEPREFIX=~/.wine.ie6
wineprefixcreate

in the terminal, what is the best way to run ie6setup.exe so that it puts the IE6 files into the .wine.ie6 prefix.  Just cd to the directory and run "wine ie6setup.exe" while there?

austin987: Actually I'm not testing IE or even tied to the browser - it's the way Outlook Express "syncs" with hotmail accounts and deletes mail online when you delete it in the inbox.  Other mail clients just don't seem to offer that, and OE only comes with IE.

Thank you again for the helpful replies.