[Wine] Can't install IE6

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Tue Apr 8 05:45:05 CDT 2008

On Tuesday April 8 2008 07:25:31 awdoyle wrote:
> Hmm, odd.  The error is the same.
> On a fresh install of Kubuntu 8.04, WINE v 0.9.58, amd64 system.  After I
> create a separate WINEPREFIX, cd into the directory, and run 'wine
> ie6setup.exe', it returns this feedback in the terminal:
>
> fixme:advapi:CheckTokenMembership ((nil) 0x125408 0x33fd78) stub!
> fixme:advapi:DecryptFileA "C:\\windows\\temp\\IXP000.TMP\\" 00000000
> fixme:cursor:CURSORICON_LoadFromFile No support for .ani cursors.
> fixme:advpack:set_ldids Need to support changing paths - default will be
> used fixme:advpack:set_ldids Need to support changing paths - default will
> be used fixme:advpack:NeedReboot (0): stub
>
> Then I get a popup labeled Windows Update Setup, saying:
>
> Setup has detected a newer version of Internet Explorer already installed
> on this system. Setup cannot continue.

	Really strange... I suggest to upgrade to 0.9.59 and try again like this:

rm -r ~/.wine-ie6

	Make sure that this command don't give you any errors and that ~/.wine-ie6
was really deleted. Then:

export WINEPREFIX=~/.wine-ie6
wineprefixcreate

	Here ~/.wine-ie6 should be created... And then (in same shell where you
exported path to ~/.wine-ie6 WINE prefix):

cd /to/directory/with/ie6setup
wine ie6setup.exe

	If it still doesn't install please file a bug report at
http://bugs.winehq.org/ . I remember that ie6 installation worked in the past
so if it stopped working now then it's regression (so perhaps you need to do
regression testing to find out what broke it)...