[Wine] Getting old versions of wine?

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 08:43:37 CDT 2008

On 08/04/2008, cttw <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

> No. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, but the .wine directory has been on a quite long lived home partition. So i will do it.
>  Can i save my installs? Like the installed game folder and the registry? Or is that what i should be getting rid of?

You can try a different wineprefix without actually deleting the old
one - try creating a fresh wineprefix and install it in that. From the
command-line, do something like:

  export WINEPREFIX=.wine-warcraft
  wineprefixcreate

- this creates an entirely fresh fake Windows directory, and you can
then try to install afresh in that.

If that works, you know Wine works, and you can then experiment with
what files need to be copied over for saved games, etc. to be loaded.

- d.