[Wine] Help Need

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 13:31:39 CDT 2008

>  So I need some help, to understand the advantages of wine and how do I go about installing some of my very important Microsoft programs. Do I just run the C.d in the drive and allow it to load up from their or do I put in codes or something.

Not exactly sure what you are asking but I will take a stab at it. No.
You do not make use of installed windows applications from your
windows hard drive in wine. You have to install every application
directly in wine.

>  I woul also like to know - if all programs which can run on windows will it be able to run on Kbuntu wine or will their be some limitations.

There will be limitations. See appdb.winehq.org and enter the
application you want to run under wine in the search box..

John