[Wine] Testing basic direct x capability

Christoffer Sørensen sorensen.christoffer at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 01:04:32 CDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 1:20 AM, vitamin <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

>  Christoffer Sørensen wrote:
>  > Hi,
>  >
>  > I am running wine 0.9.58 and having problems running Counter Strike:
>  > Source, Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield.
>
>  What sort of problems?

Steam works fine, but games don't run: the resolution changes and the
game exits.

Raven Shield almost fails the same way, but ends with a general
protection fault.

>  Christoffer Sørensen wrote:
>  >
>  > My system runs opengl programs fine using the ATI driver (Radeon 3850).
>  >

>  Programs such as? Don't tell me that you ran glxgears and can declare that full 100% of OpenGL 2.1 is 100% working flawlessly in your setup!

I tried glxgears and a native linux opengl chess game.

If you have other suggestions my ears are open. By the way, your tone
appears pretty hostile from my point of view.

Are there any opengl 2.1 test suites for linux?

>  Christoffer Sørensen wrote:
>  >
>  > Is there any way I can test directx functionality without having to
>  > download a game?
>
>  Yes, download any other full featured 3D app, like 3DMark & co.
>  There are no programs that test full 100% of everything. At least free ones available to general public.

i tried 3dmark 2001se, that hangs the machine.