[Wine] Re: Writing an automated install script

Timeout wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Apr 10 01:38:03 CDT 2008

Ok that's as far as I can get:

Code:

#!/bin/sh

# requires that the necessary files are in a directory "trados-installation" in home - "trados-installation directory must contain the trados installation file, currently msvcr70.dll, fusion.dll and secur32.dll (not for long).
# To launch the script, install Wine, save this script as filename.sh, make a directory with the needed files and enter in the console: $ sh filename.sh.

wineprefixcreate

cd ~/.wine/drive_c/
if test -f SDLTrados2007_PRO_SP2_835.exe
then
echo "file exists"
else
cp ~/trados-installation/SDLTrados2007_PRO_SP2_835.exe ~/.wine/drive_c/
fi

cd ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32
if test -f msvcr70.dll
then
echo "file exists"
else
cp ~/trados-installation/msvcr70.dll ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32
wine regsvr32.exe msvcr70.dll
fi

if test -f fusion.dll
then
echo "file exists"
else
	cp ~/trados-installation/fusion.dll ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32
	wine regsvr32.exe fusion.dll
fi

if test -f secur32.dll
then
echo "file exists"
else
	cp ~/trados-installation/secur32.dll ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32
	wine regsvr32.exe secur32.dll
fi

wget -nd www.kegel.com/wine/winetricks
winetricks -q corefonts gecko vcrun6 wsh56 fakeie6  vcrun2005 winver=winxp

cd ~/.wine/drive_c

wine SDLTrados2007_PRO_SP2_835.exe

exit

That's enough for somebody not used to the console to start the installation of Trados.
To get further, I have to find some button pushing script (it's working perfectly manually) or find some instructions about it, for which I do not have much the time at the moment. I must however add that the installer's progress was better on 0.9.58 than on 0.9.59.

I did try to do cabextract to isolate the individual files but it did not work and did not bring me to the goal of a silent install.
Trados is complaining in this case that this update (although the full installation file) is only for installer version of the SP1 or the previous version and for earlier versions I should contact SDL.