[Wine] Re: SetWindowsHookEx16

JWilliamCupp wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Apr 10 12:08:41 CDT 2008

The problem is that, sometimes, the app will not launch at all.  I think it's a WINE problem, because when this happens none of my Windows applications work.  I think some application (or possibly some configuration in WINE) is causing something to be left or set incorrectly, which causes WINE to fail on subsequent launches.

The work around I'm using is to delete the ~/.wine folder, then launch WineFile to create a new one.  I keep the ~/.wine/c_drive folder from the old one and move it to the new copy of ~/.wine which protects me from having to reinstall everything each time.  (I'm confident this does not bring the problem along, though, because WINE works for a while -- different applications -- after re-importing the c_drive folder.)

It might not be Gradebook at all that is the source of the problem.  However, it is the Win application I used most often, and after some period of time, WINE fails and I have to re-create the .wine folder.  Sometimes it fails after a few uses, sometimes after a dozen or even more.

Any clues on how I might troubleshoot this further?

- Bill