[Wine] Can't run Active State perl .exe

peanutnoir wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Apr 11 08:27:20 CDT 2008

I am having trouble running an exe that was written in Active State perl.

In Windows, I would go to the CLI and type

Code:
C:\pager\pager.exe cl

Passing "cl" as an arguement that passes the file "cl.config" to the pager.exe program.

I have not had any success running this in Wine, and I do not know if it is a syntax problem or if Wine does not work with it.

I have tried:

Code:
me at pc:~/work/pager$ wine pager.exe
fixme:spoolsv:serv_main (0 (nil))
Error: must specify config file
me at pc:~/work/pager$ wine pager.exe ./cl
fixme:spoolsv:serv_main (0 (nil))
fixme:msvcrt:MSVCRT__sopen : pmode 0x01b6 ignored
fixme:msvcrt:msvcrt_fdtoh wtf
me at pc:~/work/pager$ wine ./pager.exe cl
fixme:spoolsv:serv_main (0 (nil))
fixme:msvcrt:MSVCRT__sopen : pmode 0x01b6 ignored
fixme:msvcrt:msvcrt_fdtoh wtf
me at pc:~/work/pager$ wine ./pager.exe ./cl
fixme:spoolsv:serv_main (0 (nil))
fixme:msvcrt:MSVCRT__sopen : pmode 0x01b6 ignored
fixme:msvcrt:msvcrt_fdtoh wtf
me at pc:~/work/pager$ wine pager.exe /home/work/pager/cl
fixme:spoolsv:serv_main (0 (nil))
fixme:msvcrt:MSVCRT__sopen : pmode 0x01b6 ignored
fixme:msvcrt:msvcrt_fdtoh wtf
me at pc:~/wor/pager$

When I try to only run pager.exe, it asks for the config file, so it at least runs part of it.