[Wine] An error I can't seem to get past ...

kanwar.plaha wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Apr 13 19:52:20 CDT 2008

I have installed a helpdesk client on my office PC under wine. I get the following error during running:

The following components are either not present on this machine or have an incorrect version number:

Microsoft ADO DB (Minimal required version: 2.1)

Please try to correct this problem before starting the application.

The application installed without any error. From the above error, it appears that its fairly old app and does not require any fancy XP/Vista library. However, I am stuck with the above and have one of the two options (both undesirable):

1. Use the web client -- which is very scanty in features and nigh unusable.
2. Boot into windows partition

Regards.