[Wine] Thai keyboard input does not work

nlmarco wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Apr 15 12:56:50 CDT 2008

Hello *,

I'm currently migrating a friend to Kubuntu 7.10. He's forced to use a service which works with IE only (no other browser can display their website). Fortunately, IE6 works with Wine (I used ies4linux 2.99.0 (http://www.tatanka.com.br/ies4linux) to set it up), but unfortunately only with the English keyboard layout: When we switch to Thai (KDE shortcut Ctrl-Alt-K), the focused text field either does not react anymore or displays a question mark ("?") for every character (depending on which textfield it is).

IE6 renders the Thai website correctly (i.e. Thai fonts are obviously available) and typing a Thai text in another application (e.g. kwrite) and then copying it into IE6 works fine, too. Only the direct keyboard input is an issue.

I've searched a while for documentation about keyboard layouts and related settings in Wine but unfortunately didn't find anything for keywords like "keyboard", "charset" or similar. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Best regards, Marco :-)

P.S.: "wine --version" says we're using 0.9.46 (installed with distro, i.e. apt-get).