[Wine] Wine Virtual Desktop Question

bamu07 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Apr 16 08:44:52 CDT 2008

I've got Lord of the Rings Online working under wine, but the only problem is, it has to be played in full-screen, or else i get a "Must be ran in 16-bit / 32-bit color mode". Running it full-screen via virtual desktop would be no problem, however, when done, i cannot use wine to start Ventrilo. When i start ventrilo via wine after i start up LotRO, it starts in the same window as LotRO and i cannot access it.

More or less, i'm wondering...Is there any way to start LotRO in a virtual desktop, and then, start vent OUTSIDE of a virtual desktop? I need the game in the Virtual Desktop, but i need vent out of it. Is there any way to do that?

Thanks for any help in advance.