[Wine] Re: Star Wars Galaxies with wine-0.9.59 (puppy 3.01)

stevenbinion wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Apr 16 09:55:16 CDT 2008

vitamin wrote:

> stevenbinion wrote:
> > I'm not sure what the issue may be.
>
> Neither do we. You have not stated a single problem in your post. As far a wine-gecko goes Wine automatically downloads it and "installs" it first use. If it doesn't work for you - remove ~/.wine directory and run 'wine iexplore http://google.com'.

Sure I did, I stated "I have not had any luck running Star Wars Galaxies at all". as far as the gecko installing automatically, no it doesn't in every case, google it and you'll see this to be true. thats no an issue anymore I stated that part was fixed.

Now what I have isolated the problem to be, so far anyway. since this is with a LIVE CD distro. is Wine makes it's c_drive from /root/.wine/ which was putting anything I install in to the file used to save the session. Not only slow, but space limiting. I have changed the C: to be on a physical location rather then within the save file and so far so good. the launcher has loaded up and is currently patching.