[Wine] Re: "radio mobile" difficulty by wine newbie

gariac wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Apr 17 04:00:42 CDT 2008

Something was off on the installation, but I got it installed correctly now.

Here is some of the output from the installation. I can't find libhal. I do have libgphoto2, but wine isn't finding it. At the moment, that isn't an issue.
-----------------------
By default, `make install' will install all the files in
`/usr/local/bin', `/usr/local/lib' etc.  You can specify
an installation prefix other than `/usr/local' using `--prefix',
for instance `--prefix=$HOME'.

configure: libhal development files not found, no dynamic device support.
configure: libgphoto2 development files not found, digital cameras won't be supp
orted.

configure: Finished.  Do 'make depend && make' to compile Wine
.

This is an FYI for where the files are stored for suse 10.2
suse:/usr/lib/wine # whereis wine
wine: /usr/bin/wine /usr/lib/wine /usr/bin/X11/wine /usr/include/wine /usr/share/wine /usr/share/man/man1/wine.1
suse:/usr/lib/wine #

The wine "tricks" worked regarding installing VB6 and I can now save the output files. All that remains is for me to figure out how to run this not as root. For that, I can RTFM.

Thanks all for the help.