[Wine] seatools for DOS

Darragh Bailey felix at compsoc.nuigalway.ie
Thu Apr 17 08:15:33 CDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 04:47:05AM -0500, heavytull wrote:
> I downloaded the 'seatools for DOS' diskette creator on seagate
> website. it's a windows program that creates the diskette; so a
> floppy disk must be present in the drive. running the program is
> ok, but creating the diskette fails, it says "the current
> diskette format not valid". while the diskette is blank, vfat,
> mounted and linked to a: in wine; so everything seems to be ok.
>
> It is same for the win98 DOS program which creates the boot
> diskette. It seems wine is not handling dos devices nicely, or
> there might be some misconfiguration somewhere.

I don't feel like signing up with Seagate's marketing department just to
get a copy of this to check it out, so I'll have to try taking a stab at
it in the dark :).

On the site it sayes that "Seagate for DOS" is a DOS only program and
won't work in Windows. But it also sayes that it runs in it's own OS.