[Wine] Re: Newbie Question

Jem wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Apr 17 08:32:12 CDT 2008

Dan Kegel wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 1:00 AM, Jem <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>
> > Deleting the wine directory didn't solve it. It still remembers the settings it last had, including a broken Sound Test (which worked when I first installed it). Where in Ubuntu is it holding onto these settings?
> >

> Try
> $ ls -l $HOME/wine/drive_c/windows/profiles/$LOGNAME
> That has symlinks into $HOME, and is probably how
> the settings are escaping $HOME/.wine.
> (iTunes certainly does this.)
>
> If you can't figure out where the file is in $HOME, you
> can try running the windows app with
> WINEDEBUG=+file wine foo.exe > log.txt 2>&1
> and then doing
> grep profiles log.txt
>
> Good luck!
> - Dan

Too late - I rebuilt! :) (Easy with Ubuntu)

OK, need to get it right this time! Would you mind holding my hand through the steps?

1) I need XP compatibility
2) I need to actually install ConvertXtoDVD from scratch (I don't have a Windows partition with installed apps on it) I'm not sure of the 'correct' way of doing this as it seems you'll get ten different answers from 10 different people!
3) I want to have ConvertX available where it should be on the Wine | Applications menu if at all possible.

Thanks for helping me out!
Jeremy