[Wine] [Fwd: Lotus Notes with wine in opensuse 64 bit]

N. Sridhar nsridhar22 at hotpop.com
Fri Apr 18 06:09:09 CDT 2008

Austin English wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 10:00 AM, N. Sridhar <nsridhar22 at hotpop.com> wrote:
>
>>  Austin English wrote:
>>
>>  On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 6:31 AM, N. Sridhar <nsridhar22 at hotpop.com> wrote:
>>

>>  Thanks for your reply. I deleted the ./wine directory under home and
>>  created it again by running winecfg. After creating the drives in
>>  windows partition
>>
>>  No, don't do this!
>>

>>  nsridhar at NSIBM2:~> wine /windows/D/Program\ Files/lotus/notes/nlnotes.exe
>>
>>  Bad!
>> Le sigh...
>>
>> $ rm -rf ~/.wine
>> $ winetricks vcrun2005
>> $ wine lotus_notes_setup.exe # DO NOT RUN YOUR WINDOWS INSTALLED
>> VERSION, INSTALL IT FRESH IN WINE
>>
>> Then report back.
>>

>>  Thanks again for the prompt reply. I apologise for the delay in replying as
>> I had to arrange for the Lotus Notes Program setup disc. I followed the
>> instructions as given above.  I tried initially to install lotus notes from
>> wine in the partition D, but, it gave errors and did not install.
>>
>>  Later on I selected the c: drive and the Lotus Notes now works properly
>> wiht wine. I had to make the initial setup and configuration for the Lotus
>> Notes.  However, the setting of only TCPIP for the network was not possible
>> from the menu of User-Preferences. I finally opened the notes.ini file and
>> changed the configuration to lookup only for TCPIP and not LAN0 or other
>> networks.
>>
>>  However, I am at a disadvantage since I have local replicas of my database
>> in the /windows/D directory (which I am forced to use sometimes in our
>> office due to network rules). In the earlier 32 bit version of opensuse, I
>> was running the windows version directly from wine in opensuse and was
>> replicating/updating the mail database locally on the same file both from
>> windows and linux. Now I had to copy my id file, address book as well as the
>> local replica of my mail database to c:\Program Files\lotus\notes\data unde
>> home/nsridhar/.wine also. Would it be possible to replicate the same local
>> file both from windows as well as linux?
>>
>>  Regards
>>
>>  N. Sridhar
>>

> Please reply to the list, so others can help/be helped.
>
> Assuming you have write permissions to where the file is stored, you
> could try a symlink. However, NTFS support is just now starting to
> become fruitful in Linux, so you should be cautious.

Hello,

I think I have (hopefully) solved the problem. In my linux, I pointed
out to the mail database as well as mail id file which are located in my
windows D: drive. The windows D: drive has been partititoned with vfat
so that both the windows as well as linux systems can write to it. I
deleted the local mail database as well as the local mail id file from
/home/nsridhar/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/lotus/notes/data. I also
opened the mail dataase in our office server and had both the icons in
my workspace. I had to add for replication of the databases by right
clicking on the database and replicate. It asked for replication via
background replicator and then I had to once again check th replication
settings.

I thank you all for the support provided.

Regards

N. Sridhar