[Wine] Wine DirectX on Mac OS X

ergZay wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Apr 18 05:44:08 CDT 2008

I have been for a while now waiting to see if this would get fixed or improved at all, but it has not been so. What is the current status of trying to get OpenGL or DirectX programs (anything in Wine that requires OpenGL) to run on Mac OS X. I have, in all my searchings of the net, found no possible way of doing so at the moment. Wine compiles fine and finds openGL (both release version and git) but when programs are run says that OpenGL is not installed on this system. I have been assuming (right I think) that this is the same for any Mac OS X system. I have been wondering though why is there almost no effort to fix this? I've heard it has something to do with a bug in Apple's X11, but many other linux ports that use OpenGL work fine and what about a workaround or is just no one wanting to got to the trouble?