[Wine] Boot live usb without hard disk,could reduce performance?

lapocalisse wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Apr 20 18:07:10 CDT 2008

This is my situation:
My internal hard disk is broken so I've removed it and thrown it off the window. [Laughing]
So I've installed Debian Live on my usb and next I've downloaded Wine from the repository suggested.
Then I've tried to run Carmageddon II and Soldat.
The setup for both goes ok and they starts good.
The problem is with the hardware accelleration. It's slow, really heavy.
Carmageddon has the possibility to choose wheather start with software acc or hardware acc. With the software it plays good but the hardware not.
With Soldat is the same.

So I've think there is a problem with the DirectX. I've looked around and I've not found anything.
Maybe the missing of internal hard disk could made same problem??
Thank you for answers  [Wink]