[Wine] Cleaning up a WINE install.

Marcel W. Wysocki maci at satgnu.net
Mon Apr 21 16:05:40 CDT 2008

On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 15:46:51 -0500
"vitamin" <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

> Marcel W. Wysocki wrote:
> > for the registry stuff i use ccleaner (www.ccleaner.de)
> > its a nice tool to clean up the windows registry and even works great in wine
>
> I'd like you to show how well that "cleaner" removes Wine specific stuff? Or the invalid windows configuration?
> Most of such "cleaners" will corrupt registry beyond repair or won't do anything useful at all.

it works quite well here
it cleans registry entries for:
missing shared dlls
unused file extensions
activex and class issues
applications
fonts
application paths
help files
installers
obsolete software
run at startip
start menu ordering
mui chache

the only stuff it removed but shouldnt is the font stuff or sth but thats recreated once i run wine again (and might as well be disabled in the program)
so far it did not break any functionality here and did a great job keeping my registry clean after removing software when uninstaller failed

--
Marcel W. Wysocki <maci at satgnu.net>