[Wine] Re: Cleaning up a WINE install.

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Apr 21 20:11:49 CDT 2008

vitamin wrote:

> Marcel W. Wysocki wrote:
> > for the registry stuff i use ccleaner (www.ccleaner.de)
> > its a nice tool to clean up the windows registry and even works great in wine
>
> I'd like you to show how well that "cleaner" removes Wine specific stuff? Or the invalid windows configuration?
> Most of such "cleaners" will corrupt registry beyond repair or won't do anything useful at all.

I haven't tried it in wine yet, but I have to say that CCleaner is the only program of its sort that I trust in Windows. (You're right, most are useless or dangerous.) CCleaner shows the user a list of things it thinks should be deleted, along with the reason why it thinks they should be deleted. The user has the option to accept or reject any of the recommendations, so it should be safe for users who are paying attention to what they are doing. It's rated platinum in the AppDB.