[Wine] Drop down menus lock up wine

Sound1 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Apr 23 10:38:40 CDT 2008

For various reasons I decided to use wine to operate Quickbooks 8.1 the Australian version. This was working beautifully up until last week.

Now I have a problem with the drop down menus. When I click on them to show account info etc, they drop down then disappear. Sometimes they lock Quickbooks up and I have to force quit it.

It all started when I was moving down to the bottom of pages with the mouse or clicking on the arrows, down or up. (technical talk) Then everything freezes. Again force quit.

I don't understand. It was working flawlessly.

I'm running Ubuntu 7.10. Installed wine from Add/Remove Apps etc.

Anyone have any ideas? Cheers.