[Wine] Wine not seeing my drive?

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Wed Apr 23 21:45:47 CDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 7:20 PM, pjwalsh <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> I'm running Wine on a new installation of Fedora 8.
> Fedora is installed on a separate drive from Windows XP.
> When I open the Wine config app and go to Applications / Add application...

First off, why are you dong Applications / Add application?
FYI, that's not how you install applications (though I can see
why you might think it were).

> it shows a C: drive [but] I can't find any of my Windows programs.
>
>  The Windows drive is visible and explorable from Fedora. What am I missing?

The Wine C: drive is never the same as your Window C: drive.

To run applications under Wine, you have to install them under Wine;
you can't run the apps you already have installed on Windows.

You *can* access the data files from your Windows drive as long
as it's mounted.  By default, Wine uses  Z: to refer to the Linux
filesystem, so if your windows drive is mounted is /media/foobar,
browse to Z:\media\foobar.

Does that help?
- Dan