[Wine] Napster.......

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Thu Apr 24 21:07:48 CDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 2:26 PM, Austin English <austinenglish at gmail.com> wrote:
>  > wondering if someone could some how majic it to work. I realise that there
>  > music comes in WMA format and has DRM infection in it, but is there anyway
>  > of playing these in Linux ATM or are is someone working on it to get it
>  > working??
>  > http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=11648
>
>  Apparently not too good so far, but you might try installing linux anyway
>  and experimenting. The new ubuntu lets you install ubuntu through windows
>  w/o repartitioning. Reading the AppDB, it seems that if you use winetricks
>  to install WMP10, you may get further, but that's just a guess.

I can play some .wma files with wmp10 on current wine.  Try it yourself:
  wget http://kegel.com/wine/winetricks
  sh winetricks wmp10
Then add each .wma file individually to the library (they won't show up
until you flick away to video and back).

.wmv plays, too, but the audio and video isn't in sync.  (Maarten, got any
magic up your sleeve for that?)
- Dan