[Wine] Wine memory problem

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at sprintpcs.com
Fri Apr 25 07:18:06 CDT 2008

sumo wrote:
> jeffz wrote:
>
>> I still say you are confused.
>>
>> The large value you are seeing as virtual is simply a range of memory that has been reserved by the preloader so that some things can be loaded in specific ranges.
>>
>> No action is required.
>>

> I understand you. Whether but it is possible to reduce quantity "reserved by the preloader"  or to change it dynamically?

Simple answer:  No.  Are you  running out of disk space in the /tmp
partition?  This is more a Linux setup problem than a Wine problem.
Virtual memory is usually used to store portions of code not needed and
is swapped into physical memory when needed.  This may result in a
performance issue for some, but not all, programs.

BTW,  you did not answer Jeffz's question:  What is the name of the
program you are running?  You may find hints on how to make it run
better in the Applications Database (AppDb) portion of the Wine website.

James McKenzie