[Wine] Wine memory problem

Susan Cragin susancragin at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 25 09:57:50 CDT 2008

>Simple answer:  No.  Are you  running out of disk space in the /tmp
>partition?  This is more a Linux setup problem than a Wine problem.
>Virtual memory is usually used to store portions of code not needed and
>is swapped into physical memory when needed.  This may result in a
>performance issue for some, but not all, programs.
>
>BTW,  you did not answer Jeffz's question:  What is the name of the
>program you are running?  You may find hints on how to make it run
>better in the Applications Database (AppDb) portion of the Wine website.
>
>James McKenzie

I got into this discussion late, but would like to mention that I run Dragon NaturallySpeaking in WINE on Ubuntu, and would do ANYTHING to make DNS run faster and jump higher. DNS is a terrible resource hog, and doesn't play nice with other programs, especially programs that use sound. I usually have only that program, OpenOffice and Notepad running.
I have a speedy processor and 3GB RAM, but I want more speed.