[Wine] Diablo on Wine

Heinrich wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Apr 25 13:31:33 CDT 2008

Hi,

at first i have to mention, that i am an freshman in Linux. I am working with it since half a year and still trying to get the basic-knowledge.
Nevertheless I've wanted to install Diablo, my favourite game, on Wine. But when I start the setup.exe with the 'Wine-Windows-Emulator' an dchoose the installation-path, only an video-sequence starts, then it returnes to desktop.

When I look into  the directory I've installed the game in, there are some datas but the .exe doesn't work.

So my question is, have i made some mistakes by installing wine, just typed "yum install wine" into the shell", or did I have to do something special to install Diablo.

I'll be greatful for every hint or solution.

Heinrich