[Wine] Re: DX steam problems on WINE

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Apr 25 13:42:34 CDT 2008

torrent478 wrote:
> For starters I'm trying to get steam games to work on wine. I can get steam installed, and I log in fine. but when I go to launch a game it says

What game is it?

torrent478 wrote:

> So I look around the internet on how to installed dx on wine and I find this:
> http://wine-review.blogspot.com/2008/03/directx-90c-march-2008-redistributable.html

Say no more. If you have not read that post completelly I strongly suggest you do! WINE DOES NOT SUPPORT AND WILL NOT SUPPORT native DX! If you installing it it - you are on YOUR OWN. DO NOT ask help with that here or anywhere else on winehq!

Remove ~/.wine directory and DO NOT install native DX. If you need help with that blogpost - ask it's author not here!