[Wine] Re: Printing to a network printer and installing PPD files

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Apr 26 22:43:58 CDT 2008

okie2003 wrote:
>  I did install the ppd file in the appropriate PM directory (/home/Rob/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Adobe/PageMaker 7.0/RSRC/USENGLSH/ppd4) just like in Windows in VB (C:\Program Files\Adobe\PageMaker 7.0\RSRC\USENGLSH\ppd4).

Is the ppd file you are talking about the windows driver that came with Pagemaker? Because you don't need to install that--wine should just use whatever printers are installed in CUPS. That's what it did on my system. The warning I got about an unknown driver, I think, simply stems from the fact that the printer I am using did not exist when Pagemaker was created.

Try deleting that ppd file from your Pagemaker directory and see if Pagemaker can then see your CUPS printer. If that doesn't work, you may have to start over--delete the .wine directory, then reinstall Pagemaker without installing the ppd files that came with it. (And if that doesn't work, I'm afraid I'm out of ideas for the moment.)