[Wine] Who asking users to install native DirectX?

David Shaw dj.shaw at btconnect.com
Sun Apr 27 14:03:07 CDT 2008

vitamin wrote:
> chourmovs wrote:
>
>> Destructor, read carrefully all this thread and you'll probably understand what's problem
>>
>> Use of recent dll put confusion in bug reporting since they are not took in consideration by developper, that's very simple... it make official directx9 implementation slower cause part of development is made upon identified bug correction
>>
>> Vitamin, please don't be so peremptory and martial and take the time to explain what is not so evident  [Rolling Eyes]  [Wink]
>>

> I'm not going to waste time explaining why jumping off the roof  from 100-story building is a bad thing. If people so dumb that they don't get that themselves, no explanation will help them. Nor will they bother reading that explanation.

There is a subtle difference between jumping off a 100-storey building
and trying to install DirectX under Wine.

I can work out for myself, from first principles, that jumping off a
100-storey building may not be a good idea.  However, without being
educated as to how Wine works and how DirectX works and how they do (or
do not) work together, no amount of extrapolation from existing
knowledge is going to tell my why trying to install DirectX under Wine
is a bad idea.

Please do not assume that everyone knows and understands what you do and
that those who don't are dumb, Vitamin.  *I* don't understand why trying
to install DirectX under Wine is a bad idea (not that I've ever wanted
to do so) and, with an IQ of 148, I can hardly be accused of being
dumb.  Thank you.

David Shaw