[Wine] RHEL5 - Download via EPEL was success but with errors

akvino wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Apr 28 15:33:29 CDT 2008

Errors keep coming back when I try to configure WINE. This is on RHEL5, and I do not have sound support installed (if it makes any difference).

[root at dev02 ~]# winecfg
wine: creating configuration directory '/root/.wine'...
ALSA lib seq_hw.c:457:(snd_seq_hw_open) open /dev/snd/seq failed: No such file or directory
Could not load Mozilla. HTML rendering will be disabled.
X Error of failed request:  GLXUnsupportedPrivateRequest
  Major opcode of failed request:  140 (GLX)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  17 (X_GLXVendorPrivateWithReply)
  Serial number of failed request:  2549
wine: wineprefixcreate failed while creating '/root/.wine'.
[root at fenmrdev02 ~]# wineserver: could not save registry branch to /root/.wine-2pQ5tX/system.reg : No such file or directory
wineserver: could not save registry branch to /root/.wine-2pQ5tX/userdef.reg : No such file or directory
wineserver: could not save registry branch to /root/.wine-2pQ5tX/user.reg : No such file or directory