[Wine] Found a bug, not sure how to report

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at sprintpcs.com
Mon Apr 28 22:22:32 CDT 2008

paul.strickler wrote:
> Is this anything?
>
> paul at LinuxBehemoth:~$ wine /media/cdrom0/setup.exe
> paul at LinuxBehemoth:~$ wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x00000060 at address 0x409fa5 (thread 0018), starting debugger...
> Unhandled exception: page fault on read access to 0x00000060 in 32-bit code (0x00409fa5).

Looks like the installer crashed.  This has many causes and most are
caused by calling setup.exe from a directory other than the one it
exists in.

It would be nice to know which program you were trying to install at the
time.   Also, you should look into the Applications Database (AppDB) at
winehq.org.  It has many programs and most entries contain helpful
information on installing programs.
Also, most Windows programs do not like being installed from any other
directory or location except where the setup.exe program resides.  I
have two of them here that I am working with to fix problems with text
display.

Try this to install the program:

cd /media/cdrom0
wine setup.exe

This should run the program's installer.

James McKenzie