[Wine] Re: Suggestions for AppDB

DRNewcomb wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Apr 28 22:25:49 CDT 2008

dimesio wrote:
> There already is a comments field where people can put any of the information you've listed.

Yes, but if something is not required information many people may feel that it is unnecessary or not germane and leave it off.

> I believe the system requirements for programs under Wine are supposed to be the same as under Windows, so I don't really see the need for this info. (I could be wrong about that, of course.)

 It may be my inexpereince but some of what I've been reading indicates that geForce and ATI GPUs have different capabilities under Wine because of the implementation of OpenGL. (Of course I could easily be reading out of date information of just plain wrong) So is it possible that a Windows application might run with one but not the other? If so this information could be signifficant.

> As for user experience, well, that would be self-reported, and I've learned to take such self-assessments with a lot of grains of salt.  :)
 I agree but I doubt that many noobs would want to claim to be gurus.