[Wine] RHEL5 - Download via EPEL was success but with errors

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Tue Apr 29 08:56:43 CDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 6:42 AM, akvino <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> I do not use glxgears - should I?

Yes, but it's just a little test program, there's nothing big about using it.
Just run it and see if it displays whirling gears.  If it did, your 3d
is set up properly.

>  I am not sure why but now under 'root' I can get to winecfg GUI and c: maping is there.

Good (except for that part about root :-)

> However if I switch to other user I get these errors and nothing happens.
> Does this still point to the Graphic drivers?
>
>  [tsa at dev02 ~]$ winecfg
>  err:advapi:service_control_dispatcher pipe connect failed
>  Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server

No.  That points to you logging in as root and then doing "su user",
which isn't going to work because plain users should not be able
to display things on root's X window server.
Better to log in as a normal user, and then for those moments when
you need root, su or sudo to root.