[Wine] [Fonts]I can't select the script

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Tue Apr 29 09:56:25 CDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 7:32 AM, saffolino <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> I've set ubuntu local in japanese and it worked fine but I don't want to switch every time(ctrl+alt+backspace).export doesn't work.

OK, at least we know it works if done properly now.
The only question is how to do it properly.

Maybe you just need to replicate the locale environment variables
more fully.  In Japanese Ubuntu mode, type
  locale | sed 's/^/export /' > setlocale.sh
and also look at the output of 'locale'.  Then
set Ubuntu into English mode, log in,
and do
    . setlocale.sh
and then in the same window try
   locale
and verify the settings look right for Japanese.  Then
*also in the same window* start a Wine app and see
if it behaves better for Japanese.

Or how about a native Linux app that works well with
Japanese fonts when Ubuntu is in Japanese mode.
Can you get one of those to use Japanese fonts
when Ubuntu is in English mode?