[Wine] Run service on Wine?

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Wed Apr 30 12:06:48 CDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 9:23 AM, MichaelZ <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> I installed my service at c:\MyCompany\MyService.exe.

Did you also register your service?
Usually services can register themselves if you run them onces during
installation
with the right commandline option, e.g. /register, but it depends
on how you wrote it.

> And I try to run the service in Terminal window:
>  wine net start "c:\MyCompany\MyService.exe" I got the following error messages:

That's not how one usually starts services, is it?
Try starting it on Windows like that, bet it won't work.
You need to do
  net start servicename
where servicename is whatever your service was registered under in the registry.
- Dan