[Wine] Battlefield 2....i am very new to linux

patrickgies wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Apr 30 12:50:10 CDT 2008

Sorry, i dont have any screen shots at this moment...i am at work setting my account on here up.

this is the issue...i installed fedora 8 along with wine .9.60 off of the testing repos.
i have installed BF2 as stated in the BF2 help page.  i have not messed with the reg yet.  also i read somewhere that directx sometimes doesnt install itself.  going back to the point of me being a new person to linux, i as unaware that wine came with a DX emulator.  so did i mess up my wine install by doing the directx install.  also do i need to do the reg edit.

what happens is, i launch the game from the terminal--wine d:\autorun.exe
then it launches the splash screen, checks the cd, and then the video starts up.  but then the EA game symbol starts to show left to right...rather then up and down...and stutters the sound...its really messed up.

but i can however show you a screen of terminal...any help would be great......thanks much