[Wine] Debian updates

Ove Kaaven ovek at arcticnet.no
Wed Apr 30 23:38:34 CDT 2008

Paul Johnson skrev:
> On Tuesday 29 April 2008 11:04:25 pm Jim Hall wrote:
>> Once again Debian has no updates. Is there any reason for this to happen?
>
> I could be wrong, but my understanding is that Ove Kaaven, the Debian
> maintainer of wine,

I was assuming he meant the Debian binaries on www.winehq.org, which are
built by Scott Ritchie, not by me. (There's already 0.9.60 in the
official Debian unstable repository (sid) - it takes a while for
packages in unstable to propagate into testing, of course, but testing
users would know that.)

The last week, I also happen to have been working on preparing the
official Debian packages for team-maintenance, so they won't always
depend on my own spare time.

The packaging structure of Scott's packages and mine are quite
different, by the way; they follow the Ubuntu-style packaging, not the
current Debian style. And I personally feel that his packaging might
work fine for Ubuntu, but less so for Debian; Debian has always had its
own way to do things (and those ways aren't always about making popular
decisions or following the wishes of whoever wrote their software)...