[Wine] Re: Error at adding a program to the firewall exception list

Plamen.Vassilev wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Aug 1 05:42:29 CDT 2008

Hello,
If I am not mistaken, you have been misled by the error message. Adding a program to a firewall list does not consist only in adding it to the registry, but most probably in restarting the Windows Firewall service, so the changes could take effect. That's where I believe you are experiencing the problem - because wine fails to talk to the (non-existant) Windows Firewall service process.

Just my opinion, though.

regards
Plamen Vassilev