[Wine] HELP: Opening a WINE app. using another WINE app.

UserDemos wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Aug 2 10:03:10 CDT 2008

Hey there,

Long time reader, long time WINE user, and finally, first time running into a problem.

I have an application sent to me from a friend in Japan (call it abc.exe). He also provided a translation program (call it 123.exe), but I need to open the original program through the translator. So, in Windows, I would create a shortcut that said (open abc.exe using 123.exe). And it would open the abc.exe through the 123.exe allowing me to read the translation. The translation program has no open option. It doesn't work any other way.

So, does anyone have any idea how I can accomplish this? I tried using a custom command using right-click, open...and that didn't work, or perhaps I did it wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance! - Dimitre