[Wine] Re: Brother's Keeper missing .dll

[email protected] wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Aug 4 14:17:34 CDT 2008

geecee wrote:
> Hi Steve.
> I too am trying to run BK6 under Wine (Kubuntu) but I can't get it to even attempt to run. Have you had any success?

BK6 under PCLinuxOS

1)	Install WINE
2)	Change the permissions of /home/jim/.wine/c_drive folder and its sub folders to read/write
3)	From WINE file manager install BK6 into C:BK6
4)	Try to load BK6, if it complains about VB6 runtime missing, download it from Microsoft and install it.
5)	Install CUPS from Synaptic (Package manager) if not already installed
6)	Install Cups-PDF from Synaptic if not already installed
7)	In a web browser enter http://localhost:631
8)	Click on the Administration tab
9)	It may ask for a user name and password.  I used my root logon one.
10)	 Click on Add Printer
11)	 A dialog box will display asking Name, Location & Description, enter whatever is meaningful to you here and click Continue
12)	 A dialog box will display asking for Device for PDF, using the drop down box select CUPS-PDF and click Continue
13)	 A dialog box will display asking for Make/Manufacturer for PDF, select Postscript and then click on the Continue button.
14)	 A dialog box will display, select the printer and click add printer.
15)	 You may be asked if you want this to be your default printer, answer yes.
16)	 Load BK6 and see if the missing printer message is gone.  If it is try to print something.  After printing is finished a PDF file should be on your desktop named Brother_s Keeper_6.PDF

One problem I ran into with the register report is that it generates two print jobs: 1) for the report 2) index and the report PDF gets overwritten by the index.

To solve that do the following
1)	Edit the file cups-pdf.conf located in etc/cups/
2)	Find the section Filename Setting section
3)	Locate the Key “Label”
4)	Remove the # and change the zero to 1.

Hope this helps.

Jim