[Wine] Windows MSI file installation

nadrach wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Aug 7 05:11:04 CDT 2008

After a recent reload with Kubuntu Hardy 8.04, my son and I are having some success with wine and M$ games/programs, mostly by bloodymindedness and the occasional foulup - losing sound intermittently was unexpected, although this may be due to the presence of an Audigy sound card, which despite being recognised and configured, nevertheless is not currently providing sound output - the main board is. However, one of the utilities he wants is Tortoise SVN, a version control facility which provides access to some patches. It only comes as an ".msi" file, a windows shell extension. Wine doesn't like this directly through a console command - if it can be handled, is there a method written up anywhere?