[Wine] Problems Installing

Gert van den Berg wine-users at mohag.net
Sat Aug 9 16:06:09 CDT 2008

On Sat, Aug 9, 2008 at 8:27 PM, SlickBlack <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Ofcoarse I know that and ive tried all that.  I get the same message.  Can you tell me step by step what to do.  Like I said, when I type in "$ cd ".wine/drive_c/Games/PokerStars"  all I get is tihs message.  "bash: cd: /home/user/.wine/fake_windows/programs: No such file or directory".  Am I not entering something properly, im following the exact directions.

The $ is the prompt and should not be typed. It is shown to show you
that the command should be run as a normal user. (Root has a "#"
prompt)

The first few screens of:
http://learnlinux.tsf.org.za/courses/build/fundamentals/fundamentals-all.html#ShellCommandInterpreter
might help...

> Am I suppose to log in as root first?

Do not run anything wine-related as root...

>Also, where does it say user in any of the commands?

"/home/user/" , but an easier way to handle that is to use ~ (it must
not be quoted though, since the shell expands it to your home
directory)